Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twilight...movie and more. Anyone else see the Mormon connection?

So like the whole rest of the planet...I am addicted to these books. I have read the first 2 and Midnight Sun. Which I might add is really difficult to do via iPhone. I read all 264 pages on my little screen. lol Yes I am a dork but I wasn't near a computer or I would have read it that way. I almost liked it better than Twilight. It explains a lot more. In fact they should have used that version for the movie. Alice is my favorite.

Read "This Girl's Life" for an accurate review of the movie. Bag of suck. I do find Rob really hot, hes an all around sweetie. Kristen was a twit. She is not Bella. They could have cast that a lot better. The girl from Juno maybe?

Ok now Brandon mentioned to me the other day before we saw the movie that he saw on TV where they said its all about saying NO which is a change from other stories of today. I agreed...yes its about self control and not going too far. Then after thinking about some Church going types, not they hypocritical ones of course but the honest to goodness people that do the right thing in all aspects of their lives. Many of them Mormon. They tend to be the ones that practice what they preach. Anyhow I flipped the book over the other day and noticed that Steph Meyers went to BYU, the light went on. I wonder if anyone else noticed that the Twilight books are to Mormons as Chronicles of Narnia are to Christians. It makes me giggle. It has a good story anyway and I will continue to read them. I did think it odd that none of Bella's friends had parties that had alcohol and none smoked. She did have a couple cokes but not too many. Thats just this girls thoughts on it.

Carry on...

1 comment:

Random Girl said...

lol, i like the comparison the the Chronicles. it's true though. some people are boycotting the movie and books due to the mormon church's involvement in that gay rights ban in CA that just passed (which is D U M B). i wonder if the "jsut saying no" message would have still been there if he WASN'T a vampire and the whole "if we have sex i might accidentally kill you" thing wasn't an issue...

the movie WAS a bag of suck...