Thursday, October 13, 2011

What percent am I?

If this is the 99% I wonder what percent I fall into? I am certain a lot of these global hipsters make more money than I do. Maybe it means 99% are laughing at them? I don't think I am by any means super smart. I don't think corporate American is evil. I am sure there are lots of companies out there, big and small, that are corrupt in some way. But things I heard today that really made me laugh and people, know what you're protesting if you expect the rest of us to take you seriously. I just see you now as jumping on the new trendy bandwagon trying to be accepted by your peers. I guess I have never been accepted so its not something I feel the need to do.

Couple humorous (to me) things heard from interviews of people at "Occupy Seattle". Pt. 1 Interviewer: why are you here today? Lady: to be heard as one of the 99% fighting against democracy and wanting to get changes made in our government. Interviewer: What do you do for a living? Lady: I am unemployed. Interviewer: who is your local congressman? Lady: Oh I have no idea.

Pt 2. Interviewer: So why are you here today? Guy: I am against the horrors of corporate America and what it stands for, something needs to be done about corporations. Interviewer: What is that you are holding. Guy: Starbucks. Oh but I didn't buy it.

It's great to want to fight for something you believe in, but maybe believe in what you're fighting for. Or at least have an idea what the words that are coming from your mouth mean. If you are against how horrible corporate America is then don't protest it while holding a Starbucks and iPhone. Or know your government representatives. Just a thought.

No comments: