Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I can't believe people sometimes...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2010058492_referendum7114m.html

This story irritates me. People playing God, thinking they should impose their beliefs on others.

Last week I kind of "got into it" with a family member over gay rights. He kept quoting the bible as the all knowing source but he had no idea what it means. He said I was not doing what God wants me to by correcting anyone's unbiblical behavior before me. Seriously? When did God make me apart of his police department? I think religion is great for those who need it. Some of us know right and wrong without having a bible hit us to correct what we may or may not do. I attribute that to my parents, not being in church every Sunday for 30 years. Maybe this is why I have denounced organized religion in my older years. I have sat in church too many times to see people act one way, only to leave and go on the next week to act a total other way. Now I am not saying everyone that goes to church is like this. You know who you are. There are some wonderful, but few, people in churches, but the majority doesn't make it worth my while to sit there. The good Christians know what I am talking about too. We all know how guilty of sin each one of us is. Why these men decide they know what is best for the rest of us, I have no idea.

In that article it says the one man was divorced twice...so he already broke his vows. Doesn't matter the reason. He broke his sacrament of marriage. Who is he to fight for or against others to have the same sacrament? Liars. As soon as the state/government started issuing marriage certificates it no longer became a church/bible/God issue. The truly religious will denounce being married by the government in that case. Or maybe the government should just change the name of marriage to partnership, for everyone. I would rather have a partnership with my husband than a marriage.

Well this is just part one because I have more to say but have ran out of time...

No comments: